As a site owner, after developing your website, the first thing you start looking for is a web hosting server to make your site available online. There are many options to choose from like Shared Hosting, Cloud Server Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Server Hosting, etc. Each of these hosting servers is priced differently based on the resources offered. For example, a Shared Hosting Server is cheaper than a Dedicated Server.
In this article, we will look at the overall costs associated with web hosting with a focus on the most popular hosting type – Cloud Hosting. While there are many Cloud Hosting providers offering hosting services, understanding the costs can help you choose one with the maximum bang for your buck.
Before we start talking about the costs associated with a Cloud Hosting service, remember that web hosting services can be available for as low as $1 per month up to $1000 per month. While the services vary as per the price of the hosting plan, it is important to keep the hosting requirements of your site in mind before making a decision.
Cloud Hosting and associated costs
In Cloud-based Hosting services, your website data is stored across multiple servers powered by a cloud network. This is a powerful hosting option and offers data redundancy, maximum uptime, and instant resource scalability among other features.
Here are the costs associated with Cloud Hosting solutions:
- You will have to purchase a Cloud Web Hosting plan. Every Cloud Hosting provider typically offers multiple plans with varying storage, bandwidth, and CPU allotments. You can choose a plan based on the requirements of your site. The price can vary between $6 and $20 per month (average costs).
- While the best Cloud Hosting providers ensure the security of the server, as a site owner, you need to ensure that you take adequate measures to keep your site safe too. This would mean using security tools that can cost money. Here is how you can mitigate Cloud security risks: 4 Ways to Mitigate Cloud Hosting Security Risks
- Cost of applications that you need to offer a memorable site experience to your visitors.
- Many hosting companies offer discounts if you opt for a hosting plan for a longer tenure. This can help reduce hosting costs.
- If you already have your website hosted somewhere, then you might have to bear the costs of migrating it.
- For new websites, registering the domain name is an additional cost. While many hosting providers offer domain registration as a part of the hosting plan, you might have to spend extra if the plan does not include it.
- Lastly, you will have to regularly run server maintenance. This can be done by you or by the team of experts deployed by the hosting provider if you opt for a Managed Cloud Hosting plan.
As you can see, there are various costs associated with web hosting. While Cloud Hosting is considered to be affordable and cost-efficient, there are various other costs that you need to be aware of before buying a plan. The list above highlights the primary costs associated with Cloud Hosting. To get a fair idea, assess your site’s hosting requirements and choose a Cloud Hosting plan carefully. Good Luck!